We welcome school groups from all over the Big Country.
In order to serve the schools better, teachers that want to visit the zoo must submit a Zoo Trip request form. Please submit your form at least 7 days in advance so we can be prepared for you.
The Zoo Trip Request form needs to be submitted to the Abilene Zoo even if you are not scheduling a class!
2070 Zoo Lane, Abilene, TX 79602
325.676.6084 fax or to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive a confirmation form by email. Thanks for your cooperation!
Please remember when planning your trip that students must be in adult supervised groups at ALL times.
Download Trip Request form for AISD schools
Download Trip Request form for non-AISD schools
- Zoo hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily. The front gates close at 4:30, and most of the large exhibit animals are put up at 4:30.
- At least one adult is required for every 20 students. Adults must stay with their group at all times.
- Please review "Zoo Do's" with your group while they are on the bus.
Zoo Do's and Dont's
1) DO walk in the zoo
2) DO stay in your group
3) DON'T yell at the animals
4) DON'T throw things at the animals
5) DON'T tap on enclosures
6) If your group is too rowdy, your group may be asked to leave zoo grounds and/or your principal may be contacted.
Back to Top